X10 & Home Automation Links
- Supplier of X10
devices such as switches, video and security devices.
- Online store with a nice assortment of electronics gizmos that
work well with USBmicro devices.
- Distributor of lots of home automation devices including many X10
- Online store with lots of cool home automation stuff.
- Lots of X10 articles, tips, ideas and links
- A very comprehensive list of home automation links
- Home Automation Product Guide
- This online store specializes in X10 products and home automation packages. Many useful links and much information about home
automation and x10 technology. Best prices, Huge Selection, Same-Day
Shipping, Corporate Credit and Free Technical Advice and E-mail
BuilderCentral.com - Comprehensive Home Builder Web Directory
- Products and solutions for the intelligent home
- This is an excellent source of technical information for X10
devices including how to modify X10 devices to make them function
better or differently. So if you're a very techy person and
not worried about possibly burning your house down if you screw up,
this site is for you!
for Other Compatible Equipment
www.usbmicro.com - USBmicro
is the manufacturer of U401, U421, U421-SC3 and U451 USB interface
devices. These are really
nifty devices that you can use to control direct wired devices and
attach 1-Wire temperature sensors (DS18S20, DS18B20 and DS1822). Home
Domination fully supports the U401, U421, U421-SC3 and U451 devices. The
difference between these are only the physical layout, so they will work with Home Domination without specifying which one you
are using. No driver needs to be installed in order to use
this device. Just plug it in, and Home Domination will
automatically detect it on startup. You can plug in and use as
many of these as you like.
- The DS18S20 and DS18B20 temp sensors are available here. The
DS18S20 will report the temperature in .5 degrees Celsius. The
DS18B20 reports the temperature in 16th degrees Celsius. Home
Domination supports both of these and handles conversion to
Fahrenheit (if desired). Home Domination auto detects which
type of sensor is attached, so there is no need to specify which on
you are using. Solder up to 16 of these to the U4x1
boards from USBmicro. In Home Domination, you just go to
Device Setup, add each temp sensor, and choose which pin on the U4x1
to use. If you have more than on U4x1 device,
you can simultaneously use 16 temperature sensors on each of them.
http://jvde.us - JV Digital
Engineering makes the XTB-232 (http://jvde.us/xtb/XTB-232_description.htm)
which is supported in Home Domination as of build 193 using the
CM11A support. They also make X10 signal booster/repeaters and
an X10 signal meter.
- Linear Actuators...Now available in the UK, Firgelli Automations
have finally arrived in Europe. Based in Manchester, they sell
online a huge range of linear Actuators. Just think of the fun
you could have with these when controlled with Home Domination and
one of the USBmicro controllers!
- Supplier of the ADLINK ACL-7122 144-CH Programmable Digital I/O
Board that is currently supported by Home Domination.
- Home page of the RedRat device that may eventually be supported by
This is a wonderful product under development by Mike Strand (please
check out the description below too).
Harry Strand teaches Taekwondo here in Eau Claire, WI.
www.programmed.com - This
is the website of local computer god, and best friend of Harry Strand
for the past 30 something years, Henk Boese.
- Home page of a budding young artist / comic book guy: Some of
his work will be on this website soon.
Another of Mike Strand's fine Web sites.
Mike just can't stop making web sites.
relationships with customers, employees and waiting visitors with this
Internet kiosk video messaging software system providing targeted,
timely and custom marketing messages on indoor and outdoor billboards
to high traffic areas, waiting rooms and lobbies of banks, doctor
offices, grocery and convenience stores, service centers, employee
break areas, etc.